Friday, April 13, 2007

This is Wicked Intarestin'

Check this out when you have a couple of minutes. This is a study of the dialects of MA. If you scroll down, you can click on and listen to a variety of people read the same passage and then talk about their accents. My favorite is the speech therapist (the last one) who thinks she mostly speaks without much of an accent, unless she is with her friends. See what you think :)

You can also listen to dialects of other states if you look on the right side of the web page. They include Michigan but not Washington.

I found it pretty amusing. I especially thought Dave and Trey would get a kick out of it.

http://web.ku.edu/idea/northamerica/usa/massachusetts/massachusetts.htm

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

of course they don't have washington...no one here has an original accent because no one is from here!

palomarace said...

I go so into this site. I did not think the last girl had that much of an accent, but it is funny because she thought she did. I checked out Michigan accents. What a trip to hear the differences!

tania said...

whetha I like it or not, my accent is get'in stronga by the day!