(Side note: Any advice welcome... I am a novice! Also, next year, I hope get started earlier and do more from seed.)
Thursday, June 16, 2011
...How does your garden grow?
A few weeks ago, I finally bit the bullet and dug up some of the back yard for my first vegetable garden. I've been wanting to do this since we moved here. It is a bit of a tricky spot in that, like most of the tree filled back yard, it only gets about 2 1/2 hours of direct sunlight. But, it is close to the hose, away from where the kids run around, and right outside the back door. This summer will be an experiment to see what might grow well there. So far, I have romaine lettuce, cabbage, onions, potatoes, peppers, a pumpkin, a watermelon, carrot seeds, and cucumbers. The tomatoes will stay in pots out front where there is more sun. Next year, it may have to become a root veggie only garden. We'll see! Fingers crossed!
(Side note: Any advice welcome... I am a novice! Also, next year, I hope get started earlier and do more from seed.)



(Side note: Any advice welcome... I am a novice! Also, next year, I hope get started earlier and do more from seed.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The boxes look great Tan (Tim). Best of luck, you may do better than me this year, we've only had one day above 70 so far and loads of clouds and rain...
Post a Comment