Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Weekend

Let's just start of with this one of Oona reminding everyone that, now that she is one, she is "sooo big!"


Our Halloween festivities began on Thursday night with a visit from our good friend, Auntie Cindy. She ever so patiently helped the boys design and carve their pumpkins. While she did that, I searched the internet for a salty/sweet toasted pumpkin seed recipe which the troops decided came out pretty yummy.


Early on Saturday, Nonnie and Papa and Gram drove up so we could celebrated Nonnie's Halloween birthday with a nice family lunch of calzones, salad and cake.


Nana was so kind to order the kids the costumes they excitedly picked out from a catalog. I must admit, to the boys' delight, their costumes scared me a bit! Check out the "Future trooper" and the "SWAT team officer." Holy cow! At least I have my furry rabbit :)


The neighborhood gang got together right before the sun went down and couldn't wait to begin trick or treating.


Nana and Da came over to see the kids all dressed up and get some cuddles in with Oona who actually kept her ears on the whole time!




Oona "helped" me hand out candy- which actually meant took each piece and threw it out of the bowl onto the floor.


"Thunder-Man," (aka, Noah Brown) joined us this evening dressed as the super hero that he invented and in his cape handmade by his very creative Dad (and a bit of help by Mom).


4 comments:

bandwidow said...

What fun, glad you had some decent weather.

Jennifer said...

Looks like a good year!

tania said...

Yeah, I forgot to mention that it got up to around 70 degrees on Saturday- we're back to normal cool temps now.

Serena said...

I love the bunny costume! Sorry Sophie and I had to miss it!