Wednesday, March 25, 2009

International Sign




I was pleasantly surprised to see the international sign for nursing posted outside of a woman's lounge in a Nordstrom's yesterday. Here's the history of this fairly new symbol. It was so nice to have a private, clean place to sit and feed Oona instead of sneaking into a dressing room or out in the open (which I normally do... however, the little bug has gotten very curious these days, and without warning, pulls off to look around herself leaving me to quickly try and cover up! Gotta get me a "hooter hider," as one mom in our play group jokingly refers to her nursing cape. I think etsy's got some cute ones.... wish I sewed!)

2 comments:

Serena said...

I love how much more accepting nursing is even just a few years later!

bandwidow said...

i love how much you've been posting lately! it gives me a little more to fill in the blanks with!

i will call soon.