Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Great Escape

So, it had been a long winter here in New England... especially for this here summertime girl! Tim and I found a good deal on a flight so we pulled the kids out of school for 5 days and headed to Nana and Da's beautiful condo in Naples, Florida. So lovely, so warm! We were giddy as we disembarked the plane glimpsing the first of many palm trees. Even with the business of traveling with a 7 year old, 6 year old and a 4 1/2 month old, it managed to be relaxing and recharging. I'll let the photos tell the rest:






On the way to the pool


Early morning fishing


New 'Hannah' sun hat





Sun protection (no sunscreen until 6 months)






Dinner outside!


Boat ride at Naples Zoo




Making a home for the lizard caught by Noah


He named him "Gecky"










A visit from Uncle Frank


So sad to leave!

5 comments:

bandwidow said...

soooooooo jealous! looks like just what you needed.

Jennifer said...

I can almost feel the warmth...it snowed here this morning! We've begun our countdown for our little warm weather get away...sooooooo sooooon!

Tina Post said...

Ohhh, that looks so nice. In fact, i feel more relaxed now...

elizabeth (beth) bermani said...

Wow; the water and the sand look so inviting—what a great trip! I enjoy your blog. Congrats on your beautiful daughter!

tania said...

hi beth!! so good to hear from you! it's been a very long time. your italy tour sounds so exciting!!