Sunday, March 30, 2008

Hello

Just checking in... sorry it's been a while! I've just been too tired at night to post, although I've had lots of good intentions. Here's some updates of our weekend:

On Saturday, Tim spent many hours trying to take apart the broken 60+ year old piano in our basement, so that we can make room for other things. It has turned out to be no easy task! He got a lot out of the house, except for this last piece of metal and solid wood that weights over 250 pounds and is stubbornly stuck together!











Later in the day, we had a fun evening over our friends, the Brown's, condo. I was trying to pick a dessert to bring, and decided to doctor up a boring brownie mix. After a search on-line for "fancy brownies," I found a recipe for Raspberry Cream Cheese Brownies. It came out yummy! Basically, all you have to do is prepare your brownie mix as usual and spread it in the pan. In a separate bowl, blend 4 oz. of room temperature cream cheese, one egg white, and 2 T of sugar. Dollop 1/3 of it all over the brownie mix. Then add 1 cup of raspberry jam into the remaining cream cheese mixture and dollop that all over the brownie mix. Then swirl with a knife and bake. I ended up having to add 5 or so minutes extra to the cooking time.













Today, we decided to have a family outing into the city. We took the subway into Cambridge and walked over to the Havard University Museum of Natural History, which turns out to be free to MA residents on Sundays before noon. The boys enjoyed looking at the preserved crustaceans, stuffed wild animals, and geodes. Then we headed into Havard Square for some lunch at John Havards Brewery and then into a funky toy store for our favorite Japanese treat...Pocky!






































On our walk back to the train, I was very excited to finally catch a sign of Spring! Ok, my friends out west, I know that you have to look closely here... but maybe we are finally on our way to catching up to you!




1 comment:

bandwidow said...

So good to hear from you (on the computer) again. That's some crazy heavy work Tim's up to (and all the up and down your narrow staircase!) I was remembering our lovely walk through Harvard Square (I'm saying it the way your would Ha-vahd). Hoorah for budding trees!