Tuesday, January 22, 2008

not tonight, honey, i've got a headache

I haven't really felt up to blogging for a while... due to these darn headaches I've been having for a couple of weeks! Ugh. I had 2 scary episodes where my vision actually got distorted, and I saw jagged lines and stars (for over 20 minutes!), and then felt sick (headache, dizzy, weak) for the rest of the day. One happened while I was teaching, and the other a week later just while I was shopping. The whole thing's got me feeling anxious, which isn't helpful since it is probably triggered by feeling stressed out in the first place. I ended up calling my doctor and she had me see an ophthamologist. They both believe that I am experiencing something called "classic migraines with aura." Not fun. I am just supposed to take excederin when I feel them coming on and see if I can notice what is triggering them. Even though, I haven't had a "migraine" in a week, I am still having neck aches and headaches. Sigh. So, now I think I am going to try the chiropractic route to see if that helps. or yoga. or a chill pill :)

7 comments:

bandwidow said...

i think that a trip out west would be just the thing, don't you jen? and by the way tania, you're supposed to be calling your friends when you're having major health issues so we know what's going on with you for heaven's sake!

Denise said...

Hey Tania---I've heard that as we get older (BLECH!!) our hormones shift and we're more susceptible to migranes. Might not hurt to have your hormone levels checked out to see if there is anything off.

I've had migraines before and they're AWFUL!! So I feel your pain.

I know one doctor who prescribed excedrin and a grande mocha in hopes that the caffeine in the two would help.....

hugs to you!

Jennifer said...

yikes! I'm sorry Tan. i've got a friend who was having some pretty bad migranes and was given something that really helped...i'll check in with her and see what she did, maybe it'll help.

tania said...

thanks, girls. i've had a couple visits with a chiropractor and that has been helping. xo

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
bandwidow said...

i think we need an update, please!

tania said...

sorry for not updating sooner.... been feeling much better!! no more migranes since i've been seeing a really great chiropractor!