Sunday, December 2, 2007

Handmaking


So, I've been working away on my Christmas cards. For four years now, I've handmade all of my Christmas cards, thanks to the inspiration of Ann. This year I was feeling overwhelmed by the thought of sitting down to make 75 original cards again, (and without my girls around to work together on them!). But, then I took out copies of my cards from the years past. I remembered that I really enjoy this tradition of hand-making each and every card; of taking quiet time out on these cold winter nights to indulge my creative side and send holiday well wishes to loved ones. Just trying to keep it simple and remember to take the time to enjoy the process and the holiday season.

7 comments:

bandwidow said...

I LOVE them! May have to steal that idea for a future Christmas!

tania said...

thanks, ann! like i mentioned... it's a very simple idea :). now i just need to take a good photo for the inside!

Denise said...

they're beautiful!! Really fun, but simple and clean lines too! Love them!

bandwidow said...

Your cards evoke that Charlie Brown Christmas feel. Y'know when Linus and Charlie Brown are walking through the rows and rows of aluminum trees, before they find the "wooden" one.

tania said...

thanks, denise!

yeah, they do, jen :) funny!

Jennifer said...

awww...now we won't be surprised...they look great, can't wait to see them up close and personal.
ann said the thing about charlie brown...evoke is too big a word for me...

tania said...

ha, ha! oops, that was ann!