Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Here we go!

I can't believe our summer break has come to an end. Our busy days and lazy days, our beach days and pool days, library visits and day trips, will now be traded for school days, homework, and various practices. Today, the boys and I went to Costco to fill up the house with the makings for school lunches and snacks. Later, we went to karate practice where all the moms in the waiting room anxiously chatted about their feelings for the first day of school tomorrow. After a quick dinner at home, we headed to the soccer field. Tim and I coached our first practice for Noah's "Under 8 Boys team." It went well, thanks to lots of great game/drill ideas I got from watching an instructional video for novice coaches late last night. Fall was in the air as we packed up our gear and made our way home to get things ready for tomorrow. Tim gave the boys a bath as I packed up Noah's lunch and supplies and laid out his new uniform for his first day of first grade. First day of first grade! First day of full day school! He's a bit nervous, and asked a bunch of questions, but I think he is going to really enjoy it. I am a sad and proud all at the same time. I gave him a kiss in his hand (from the "kissing hand") and told him it would be there all day. That seemed to make him feel better. Wow! Well, it's been a busy day full of excitement and emotion. Wishing all the moms and kiddos a great new school year. xo

2 comments:

bandwidow said...

Tan, that was beautiful. I got a little teary just then. He'll do great, and you and Ez can have some alone time before next week starts. Post pic's of him in his uniform!

palomarace said...

We have had similar days this week with soccer practices and prepping for school.

Zane was feeling the same way today as he was going to his first day of 1st grade. He said he was most excited about staying for lunch and playing on the big kid's play ground, but a little nervous otherwise.

I love the kissing hand. I am going to do that with my kids.

Hope Noah's day is just wonderful!!!