Okay, I know. I am terrible at keeping up with this. I'll make more of an effort, really I will,... and try to post at least once a week like Jen requested. Well, after several days of temperatures in the 80's and 90's!, the weekend cooled off a bit and made it feel a lot more like Autumn. When we lived out in Seattle, Fall meant an annual trip to the pumpkin patch with our dear friends. This was always a really great time. If you are from New England, however, no Fall is complete without a trip to the apple orchards for some pickin' off the trees and apple donuts, of course. On Saturday, we joined up with our friends, the Brown family, and their "little Noah." The ride out was just beautiful as we watched the red, orange, and yellow leaves pass by our windows. Then today after our soccer game, we ventured out to the Topsfield Fair, another favorite local past time, with Tim's parents. I forgot my camera for that trip, but here's some of the apple picking.




What am I going to do with 20 pounds of McIntosh and Macouns?!...

Apple Crisp from America's Test Kitchen Cookbook (really yummy, no oats, walnuts instead!)
3 comments:
Looks yummy Tan. Although I can't lie, I was fighting off pangs of jealousy, no pumpkin patches without us!
makes me warm just looking at that crisp.
yummy!
*sigh* i know, ann. i kept thinking of the 3 families and the 4 Fall seasons we spent together.
love you guys
Post a Comment