Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Baby Legs

I finished knitting these leg warmers for Oona. There's a matching pair of thumbless mittens on my needles right now. (Side note: She prefers to wear these on her arms.)

6 comments:

Constantina said...

SO ADORABLE. Probably not manly enough for Arlo, sadly...

tania said...

Tina, I bet he would look super cute in some fingerless gloves- those whip up pretty fast :)

bandwidow said...

Oh! Tania, so great.

The Crew said...

Hey Tania...I made some of those for Annika but they turned out too stretchy. Did you sew yours up the back or knit on the round? And how many stitches did you cast on? Cute!

tania said...

Hi Stacey! I ended up doing them on straight needles and sewing them up because I couldn't find my size 4 circular needles. I casted on 42 stitches on a wool blend yarn and did a k2 p2 rib for a couple of inches and then stockinette stitch for the length I wanted and then k2 p2 rib again for a couple inches. Could you wash and dry yours to make them more snug?

The Crew said...

I was able to put a little "ribbon" of yarn and make a tie and they are good now. Thanks for the measurements!